New Leaf Academy offers a dynamic, progressive and supportive work environment for those interested in holding a job in the helping industry. Located in beautiful Bend, Oregon we are nestled in the high desert at the base of the Cascade Mountains. Our facilities are located just outside of Bend, Oregon, a town that offers educational options, theater and arts, a robust outdoor community and a thriving downtown.
New Leaf provides its employees with an extensive training program and a full benefits package including a generous paid time off program. We are dedicated to harnessing our staff’s passions and allowing them the opportunity to thrive in their interests. We employ over 30 full time employees to serve our student population of 25-28.
New Leaf Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity both in our student body and staff. We actively promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity and gender expression.
Residential Monitor (Houseparent)
• Overall supervision, care and guidance of the students in the home.
• Maintain a high level of safety while facilitating activities and tasks throughout the daily schedule.
• Guide students through their daily living routines while helping them to develop self-care skills.
• Build appropriate relationships with youth while maintaining healthy boundaries and implementing program rules and policies.
• Light cleaning and office duties.
• Candidate must have experience working with youth and working overnight shifts.
• Experience working with youth with emotional and behavioral issues or challenges preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to be a team player are required.
• Candidate must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Position is on-call (as needed) and starts at $14/hour.
If you are interested in human services or mental health this is a great job to get your foot in the door. Ample opportunity for training, staff development and promotions.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and qualifications.
Please fill out all fields below or write "none".